What can I expect from my initial consultation?

At Nishad Khan P.L., our initial consultations are always brief. This meeting allows us to analyze the problem and explore various options that may or may not be available to you. No matter the issue, our attorneys will thoroughly explain the process in a language that you can understand, and answer any questions you may have. Although we prefer a face to face meeting, these initial consultations can also be conducted via telephone or video call, which is great for our clients outside of Florida for a minimal fee.

What if we want to speak with our attorney?

At Nishad Khan P.L., we are always available for our clients. This is what sets us apart from most firms. Although we use paralegals to help us compile your documents, your attorney will ultimately be responsible for the work and thus, you will always have an opportunity to speak with an attorney. Our firm strives for customer service and our track record is proven by the many emails, letters, and calls we receive from satisfied clients.

In a nutshell, what sets Nishad Khan P.L. apart from other firms?

Our service. We truly go out of our way for our clients. Whether it means driving across the state, staying late or meeting our client at their house, we make sure that we go out of our way for our clients if we need to. Every member of our team is trained to do what it takes to make our clients happy.

What are the Differences Between a Real Estate Agent and a Real Estate Attorney?

Real Estate Agents can list your home, negotiate with the buyer’s agent, etc. and are not licensed to provide any legal advice. A Real Estate Attorney can provide the services of a Real Estate Agent and provide legal advice, depending on how the law firm is set up. An attorney can draft the contracts, oversees the closing, perform title and survey checks, negotiate with all parties as well as review all other documents relating to the transaction to ensure that it is legal.

Why do I need a Real Estate attorney when buying or selling property?

A Real Estate Attorney is licensed and trained to give legal advice relating to real property transactions whether it’s commercial or residential and can assist with resolving issues that may occur. A real estate attorney can handle and interpret any and all documents that relate to the transaction, for example, Mortgage contracts, Purchase & Sale contracts, HOA Declarations, Title Documents, Surveys, handle the closing and represent you throughout the entire purchase or sale process.

Should I get a Property Survey when purchasing real property?

Yes, this is part of your Due Diligence when purchasing real property and can give you, the homeowner, confidence that the property complies with current local regulations. A Property Survey will help you to understand details of the property you are about to purchase and may highlight any potential discrepancies or boundary infringements as well as stipulations that come with it.

A property survey is very important whether you are buying a home, financing your home or constructing new projects. The survey defines the boundaries of the property, providing clarity as to the size of the property and where the land begins and ends. It includes a research of the history of the deed and title search to ensure there are no discrepancies as to ownership of the land. A surveyor will research the legal descriptions about the land and its history, and provide a sketch of the land, its boundaries and the different aspects that make up the property. A type of map is produced detailing the property’s legal boundaries, a written description of the property, the physical address, location of buildings and adjacent properties, as well as things like right of ways and easements so a homeowner can be aware of any shared yards or who may have a right of way to the street or alleyways, if any.

What Identification do I need to bring to my real estate Closing?

Typically, two forms of valid government-issued photo identification will be required at closing such as a State Issued Driver’s License, a State Issued Identification Card, a Passport, or a Valid US Military ID.